This workshop is designed to run for 2 days and is aimed at helping participants identify waste in their workplace and to enable them to eliminate it through a series of 10 step kaizen technique. During the course of the workshop, the participants also discuss the cost of waste and the advantages of team problem solving.
- Waste in the work place
- Cost of waste
- The 16 JIPM loss structure and waste measurements
- Identifying waste in the workplace – exercise
- Soft kaizens (root cause analysis)
- Deep kaizens (root cause analysis)
- Problem solving meetings
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- understand what is meant by ‘value’ and ‘waste’,
- understand the need to eliminate waste,
- understand the 5 major types of waste and be able to identify them in their work area loss structure,
- know the 6 Steps of Problem Solving,
- be able to use problem solving tools – 5W1H, Fishbone Brainstorming, Why-Why analysis, Why-Why-Because-Logic analysis and Brainstorming – to solve workplace problems,
- be able to implement, monitor and sustain the solutions to workplace problems through the use of One-point Lessons and SOPs.
The trainer will work hand-in-hand with the participants company to obtain the following kinds of information:
- Details of how much waste costs the company over a specific period of time (hour, day, month, quarter, year – whichever is relevant).
- A list of which of the 5 wastes apply to the departments and some specific customised examples to illustrate each type of waste.
- A real workplace problem for the team to work on during the workshop.
Summary of practical exercises
- Identifying Waste in the Workplace: The team spends time examining their workplace and completes an observation sheet giving details of wastes they have observed and suggestions for eliminating these wastes.
- Team Problems Solving Exercise: The team spends time solving a major identified in their work area by applying the problem solving steps and tools which they have been taught.
ü Instruction by expert facilitators
ü Small, interactive classes
|ü Specialized manual and course materials
ü Personalized certificate of completion
Web Site: www.gpmorrow.com