TOTAL PRODUCTIVE MAINTENANCE/MANAGEMENT (TPM)
The JACKUP Toolkit
To enhance their performance many organisations focus on implementing best practices. Problems do come up regularly due to the way these best practices are being implemented. Successful companies are normally gauged by profitability and growth and how they handle their best practices implementation better than the others.
Jackup tool kit is developed to help refine and implement those best practices that will enable the organisation to perform consistently at competitive levels. Transformation and continuous improvement is an ongoing process, the implementation of best practices is a project with specific objectives and time scales. Therefore our focus is to improve business performance by following a result driven implementation process using the Jackup tool kit
- +The activity-centered illusion
Most corporate change programmes mistake means for ends, process for outcome. The real solution is to focus on results and not activities. This logic is based on the belief that once managers benchmark their competition, assess customers’ expectations, and train their employees in step problem solving, sales will increase, inventory will shrink, and quality will improve. This is an illusion which is far from the truth and is known as “activity centered “approach.
- +Results driven transformation
Our Jackup tool kit is in fact an alternative result driven improvement processes that focuses on achieving specific, measurable operational improvements within a few months. With this result driven tool kit a company introduces only those innovations in management methods and business processes that can help achieve specific goals. This results-driven tool kit stakes out specific targets and matches resources, tools, and action plans to the requirements of reaching those targets which ensures measurable gains rapidly
Management creates a continuous learning process by building on the lessons of previous phases in designing the next phase of the programme. Results driven programmes begin by identifying the most urgently needed performance improvements and craving off incremental goals to achieve quickly. By using each incremental project as a testing ground for new ways of managing, measuring, and organizing for results, management gradually creates a foundation of experience on which to build an organisation-wide performance improvement.
With the Jackup tool kit there are huge opportunities for change
Management can start results-driven programmes in the following ways:
- Each unit to set and achieve a few ambitious short-term performance goals. There is no organisation where management could not start to improve performance with the resources at hand. The short term improvement targets could focus on important areas as turnaround time in responding to customers, lower costs, increased sales or production, or improved cash flow.
- Changes that work are institutionalized. Management institutionalizes the practices and technologies that contribute most to performance improvement and could build those into the infrastructure and standard practice of the company. With the JACKUP tool kit a company can build successful innovations into its operations and discard unsuccessful ones quickly before they do much harm.
- Marry long term Strategic objectives with short-term improvement projects. Management can translate strategic direction into reality by totally avoiding activity centered programmes which is like dancing in the rain.
Our Best Practice Model
Depending on the industry such as Banking, manufacturing or any other type of service industry it can be called;
Total Productive Manufacturing
Total Production Management
Total Performance Management
TPM consists of eight pillars with two basic foundations and a major support structure(5S).The pillars are themselves change streams; they develop systems, processes and standards with people. It allows and motivates a mechanism for leaders to work directly with the teams bridging gaps in hierarchies and forming a unified and cohesive structure that spans both levels and functions to achieve common aims. The pillar approach is a way of managing change and a rigorous methodology to ensure sustainability of results for the future.
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or Total Productivity Management or Total Performance management is a business process improvement method, developed from the perspective of maintenance management. The idea is not only to optimize the manufacturing activities; the goal is to improve all business processes!
TPM is a unique Japanese managerial system which aims through people to:
- Change the corporate culture to achieve maximum efficiency
- Control and prevent all losses to achieve Zero losses in all areas of any business
As an integral approach to business solutions TPM is a core support programme affiliated with the Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance (JIPM), considered to be the global leading body..
The definition of TPM is:
T = Total. Must involve all employees at all levels of the organisation.
P = Productive. Effective utilisation of all resources.
M = Maintenance. Keeping the Man-Machine-Material system in optimum condition.
Gpmorrow Consult TPM approach delivers significant results using the Jackup toolkit in three ways:
- 1. Programme support materials and knowledge, – supporting materials to answer the ‘why’ and ‘how’ to implement.
- 2. Learning & Development – structured training and development programmes to support implementation. All our training materials are developed with training frameworks for effective delivery. (files, CDs, site visits etc)
- 3. Audit & Assessment – experienced in applying the reflective process of audits and assessments, explore opportunities and creating competitive edge for our clients.
5S Training Brochure
This 1 day workshop introduces the Best Practice of 5S (Good House Keeping) into the team’s workplace. Read more
Autonomous Maintenance Step 3
This 1 day workshop is designed to help teams to reduce equipment problems by empowering operators to take greater care Read more
Autonomous Maintenance Step 1-2
This module explains ways in which the operator can take care of the equipment he uses by keeping it in good condition Read more
Effective Maintenance Training
As more and more companies fight for survival and compete on a global scale, the implementation of Read more
This workshop is designed to run for 2 days and is aimed at helping participants identify waste in Read more
Safety Healthy & Enviroment
This 2 day workshop is designed to help the organisation eliminate losses due to Read more
Team Skills (Visual Performance Measurement)
This is a workshop aimed at imparting the performance measurement skills Read more
This 2 day workshop is aimed at laying the foundations for a strong and productive team. During Read more
Total Productive Maintenance
TPM focuses on getting managers, maintenance personnel and equipment users all working together to Read more